Here is an example of my monthly PM Insights briefing. If you would like to sign up for my briefing, click here.
Project Management Insights
Four thoughts on #ProjectManagementInsights
* The way in which we do project delivery is changing. The era of the big-bang transformation and delivery is dead. Rapid, hybrid solution delivery is ascendant and necessary. Read more at this post.
* I have been maintaining a listing of the “Top Project Management Conferences” for the last two years. Download the list here and feel free to share with your colleagues.
* Storytelling is becoming more and more a critical skill for project leaders. One of the best TED Talks on this subject is by Nancy Duarte, an expert in presentation design and CEO of Duarte Design. Check out the TED Talks video.
* Women in Project Management (#WiPM) is a growing movement across the globe that aims to support, network, mentor, and learn from women in the Project Management profession. A leader in this space is Elise Stevens of Brisbane, Australia. Over the past year, Elise has been a champion for women’s voices to be heard has formed a global community around the “Celebrating Women in Project Management Series”.
Three things that recently caught my attention
* KPMG released their annual U.S. CEO Outlook 2019 report with results from a survey of 400 U.S. CEOs sharing their perspectives on the business landscape over the next three years. Link to a PDF of the full report and a summary of the Key Findings.
* Mary Meeker presented her annual Internet Trends Report at the Code Conference 2019 in June. Also see the Youtube video. Two (2) insights from the report that I found really interesting:
- Our ability to adapt to tech change is increasing, but we are not keeping pace with the speed of innovation. Link
- Enterprise storage of data has surpassed consumer/personal and cloud storage of data is quickly overtaking both. Link
* Did you know that PMI and ProjectManagement.com offers virtual (online) conferences? There is one coming up on September 12th with the theme “Organizational Agility” It looks interesting and allows members to earn 6 PDUs. Use this link to register for the conference.
Two miscellaneous items
* In April, I presented at the Design Thinking 2019 conference in Austin, Texas on “Translating Design Thinking into Effective Project Management”. For more information on how to adopt Design Thinking at your organization.
* I will be facilitating a speaker panel on Program Management at the upcoming PMI Global Conference in Philadelphia. For more on this topic.
One question for YOU the reader to ponder
What is keeping you from acting on your dreams?
“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan Watts
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” — Bruce Lee